• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I cannot print my fm files. I have FrameMaker 2015 and Windows 10. The error message I get is "Cannot print because the selected default printer is not compatible with Frame Maker (Cannot query escape 768)"

New Here ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot print my fm files. The error message is "Cannot print because the selected default printer is not compatible with Frame Makern (cannot query escape 768)". I use FrameMaker 2015 and Windows 10. It has worked before with the present printer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same error message and have not been able to resolve it yet. Using Windows 10 and FM 2017 as part of Tech Comm suite... have always used Acrobat to print to pdf so a compatibility issue seems unlikely! No obvious change since it last worked. I think it had worked after the W10 last big update. Signed in and out of Adobe account (that has cleared a previous won't print message) and that didn't work. Full computer restart doesn't work. Acrobat is set as default printer in windows settings. Have tried checking print to CMYK checked (saw someone recommned that over RGB somewhere). I need to print a long book, not just a document. Trying to save book as pdf crashes everything.
Ah.... so save book as pdf has finally worked.... although looked as if it all crashed, left long enough (walk away, go de-stress somewhere) it recovered. But the pdf file is 5 times the size of a previous 'print to pdf' file....huge.
Any help with resolving this error and getting back to print to pdf working would be very much appreciated.......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sarah, this issue is related to the one being discussed on this thread. Re: Frame 2017 cannot print to PDF or PS or Printer as of April 6, 2018

We are working with Microsoft team to get this resolved and a fix be released asap.

thanks,

Amitoj Singh

Product Manager - Adobe Tech Comm Tools

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2018 Jun 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That says the fix is in Win10 v1803. I have v1803 and I have exactly the same problem. So, is there a fix or not?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 02, 2018 Jun 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thomas

I think the current theory is that the1803 update caused the problem. That seems the case for me. I rolled back to 1709 and things work again. Challenge is stopping it auto updating back. It sounds as if a patch should get issued 12th June, I just hope they can fix it.

best of luck

Sarah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All

Just to update you on Windows 10 (1803 build) issue which impacted File -> Print and File -> Save as PDF options with FrameMaker ( v12, v2015, v2017). We have been working closely with Microsoft team on this issue and recently an insider Windows 10 build was released.

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2018/06/06/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-1...

We have started testing out the issue that was reported on this insider build and initial testing indicates that issue has been resolved. We are still in the process of further verification and confirming that the issue has been resolved back to Microsoft team.  For those of you who have access to Windows 10 Insider preview builds (or would like to get enrolled in the beta program for Windows) , please visit https://insider.windows.com/en-us/ and try the new preview build. Once installed, if you check windows version it should show screenshot as below:

Thanks

Amitoj Singh

Product Manager – Adobe Tech. Comm. Tools

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amitoj,

Any ideer when the update will be release for public?

We don't want to run the Windows 10 insider on our users.

Best Regards

Karsten Aarhus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last news we all had was that MS was looking at late July (boo)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like MS is planning to stick to that "schedule" - the latest Win 10 update they pushed out within the last day or so did not resolve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updates on this? I have this issue now too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Becky,

I understand that yesterday's update resolved the printing issue.

Being on Win 8, I can't speak to how completely it has resolved the issue.

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which update? Where can I find it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Visit your Windows update settings. Like I said, I'm not on Win10, so can't give you an exact path.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2018 Jul 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

KB4340917 that came out on July 24, 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines