• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I create arial xml files but after saving reverts back to calibri. Using the font pod, change it again only to revert to calibri once again. I want to Arial to be my default font for FrameMaker. How to change this? On windows 10 machine.

Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 Lenovo 64.

TCS 2017

Started creating new instructions using FrameMaker. Our default company font is Arial. FrameMaker's default font is Calibri. Created new xml files with Arial and saved. When opening once again, I get this:

The "Zapfdingbats" Font Family is not available.

"Adobe Pi Std" will be used in this session.

The "Courier" Font is not available.

"Courier New" will be used in this session.

The "Zapfdingbats Regular" Font is not available.

"AdobePiStd" will be used in this session.

How to fix it? Under a deadline. Started creating docs in Word (argh!) just in case.

Any help in resolving this issue is greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

(Speaking generally) XML files don't store formatting information.

You can confirm this by opening your XML in a text editor and searching for font names.

When you open the XML file, the formatting is applied via a structured application. If you're not getting appropriate formatting you'll need to adjust your structured application or the resources on your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines