• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I'd like to delete a non-empty page, if you please

Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Freshly upgraded to FrameMaker 2017, my trusty fudging-fix tool of "Special/ Delete Page" seems to have been, itself, deleted.

Plenty of articles about deleting master pages or blank pages -- Can anyone tell me how to delete a non-empty body page?

[The specific circumstances:

I've copied a group to dozens of pages, consisting of a table nested within a text frame nested within an anchored frame.

So, some weird botch has it all messed up on one particular page.

Yet, when I delete all the items, then insert them again (whether by pasting or entering manually), it pushes the group one page down, so that the following page is always empty, then the dozens of pages picks up again.

I just need to delete the wretched botched page, so I can proceed.]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Use the Format > Document > Delete Pages command.

You can also use the Command Search feature (the magnifying glass icon) to look up an obscure command

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning, Timolin!

Freshly upgraded to FrameMaker 2017, my trusty fudging-fix tool of "Special/ Delete Page" seems to have been, itself, deleted.

The Special menu was renamed Insert, and you'll find the delete page command in there. 2017 reorganized a number of commands—my tip is when you can't find something, look in the Insert menu.

Yet, when I delete all the items, then insert them again (whether by pasting or entering manually), it pushes the group one page down, so that the following page is always empty, then the dozens of pages picks up again.

It sounds like there is either a page break command assigned to the ¶ with the anchor, or to the table via Table > Designer, or perhaps you have Keep with Next settings on the rows? Something is telling FrameMaker to start the table on the page after the blank page. Does setting the table to Float in the Table Designer help?

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's amazing how "New and Improved" sometimes means "We're moving everything around so you can't find them"!

Thank you, Barb, now I know what formatting features to examine to prevent recurrence, too.  :0)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Erm, now that I get to executing this, I am not sure where the delete page function is, within this Insert Menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the Format > Document > Delete Pages command.

You can also use the Command Search feature (the magnifying glass icon) to look up an obscure command

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying that the pagination is off after you insert your nested elements?

It sounds like Fm is having trouble paginating the content. This can happen if the anchored frame is taller than the body page text frame. If so, shortening your frame, or simplifying the content should resolve the issue.

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Much obliged, Matt!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to help...I must confess I've searched for that command more than once myself!

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh no! I'm so sorry for the erroneous answer. I was rushing because I had to get back into class.

girl hitting head.png

Glad you got it straightened out in the meantime. And did you also figure out what was causing the pagination issue?

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Truth to tell, I scrapped that problematic format scheme for another entirely (time pressure for the project). However I'll be going back to it to determine the problem because I'd like to use it in the future.  Thnx!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines