• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have just about had it. Somehow magically, now I can't convert my FM files into PDFs as I now get an error log. It happened on Friday morning. I was able to convert two files, then all of a sudden, the rest of the files I tried to convert I get this

Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2017 Mar 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just about had it.  Somehow magically, now I can't convert my FM files into PDFs as I now get an error log.  It happened on Friday morning.  I was able to convert two files, then all of a sudden, the rest of the files I tried to convert I get this  error log file instead of my pdf.  Nothing happened to my computer or the software between the second and third file I tried to convert to PDF. I'm on FM 2017, and am running through VMWare on my MAC.  Any help would be appreciated.  I have even removed and re installed FrameMaker - no change.  No more PDF files can be run from my files.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Hi, Bob!

Thank you so much for your reply. Actually, what happened was I needed to select RGB before saving to PDF.  The tech support and I discovered I may have accidently hit the other option saving the next document and it stayed there as a default.  Sorry I didn't follow up sooner, but this happened last night.

I truly appreciate your help and will keep your advice in case something else arises!

N

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2017 Mar 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the error I get:

%%[ Error: undefined; OffendingCommand: ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ]%%

%%[ Flushing: rest of job (to end-of-file) will be ignored ]%%

%%[ Warning: PostScript error. No PDF file produced. ] %%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've noticed two possible causes for this error, though in both cases "cause" might be a bit too cut and dried; let's say, two circumstances which seem to occur around the same time :-}

• network hiccups, so that FM cannot pull in a referenced graphic at exactly the moment it wants to process that reference
  • colour separations, particularly where the .fm files include the default FM8 'track changes' conditions

Sometimes running the job again is enough, other times I have to go in to the .mif file and weed out the FM8 conditions: but no guaranteed answer, it's an infuriating error, and my responses feel about as scientific as crossing your fingers for luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!  I feel badly - it was user error totally. But I appreciate everyone's willingness to help me and the great advice!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd just like to say that I think

Error: undefined; OffendingCommand: ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

is an amazing error message

Takes real skill to create a user interface like that. Well done, Adobe   "FFFF!" indeed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Print to file, and open the .ps in a plaintext editor.

I'd want to see what triggered that FFFF command report. I wouldn't be surprised to see that the file was corrupt or truncated (and perhaps without any Adobe participation of consequence).

What Windows is running in the VM?

Is this just FM2017, or TCS?

What other Adobe apps/suites are installed?

How does VMware access files on the host?
WMware presumably supports a local file system (for Windows if nothing else). Can you render a PDF from a .fm file in that local FS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Bob!

Thank you so much for your reply. Actually, what happened was I needed to select RGB before saving to PDF.  The tech support and I discovered I may have accidently hit the other option saving the next document and it stayed there as a default.  Sorry I didn't follow up sooner, but this happened last night.

I truly appreciate your help and will keep your advice in case something else arises!

N

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL!!  Right?  I was feeling pretty bummed and rejected!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines