• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image Caption Spacing is inconsistent.

Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have many images with captions in some documents that I am writing. For the most part the captions are showing exactly as I would hope and expect. I created a paragraph style named Figures v2.2 ( a lot of trial and error with autonumbering) and I have gotten it to the point where the numbering and spacing is just about how I want it but there are a few places that I can't seem to get it right.  I am not sure what is causing this but there seems to be a page break or something beween my image and the Figure 1-4 Confirm Clear Configuration caption. Shoiwing Text Symbols doesn't shed light either. Can anyone suggest a better way of doing this? Side note I am required to have a list of tables and list of figures so I am not sure that placing them in a table would work? I included a screenshot Figure 1-3 is ideal Figure 1-4 is not.Figure_Space_Text_Symbols.png

Figure_Spacing.png

TOPICS
Formatting and numbering

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Hi Dustin,

Yes. The paragraph of your figure title for figure 1-4 is moved to the next page.

Can you check your pagination settings of your figure and your figure title paragraph formats?

figure: Keep with Next Paragraph

figure title: Keep with Previous Paragraph

Nothing else.

If this still should not work, you can put your graphics in a table with a single column and a single row. Then the figure title paragraph into the table title. This works also for lists of figure titles or table titles.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dustin,

Yes. The paragraph of your figure title for figure 1-4 is moved to the next page.

Can you check your pagination settings of your figure and your figure title paragraph formats?

figure: Keep with Next Paragraph

figure title: Keep with Previous Paragraph

Nothing else.

If this still should not work, you can put your graphics in a table with a single column and a single row. Then the figure title paragraph into the table title. This works also for lists of figure titles or table titles.

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Keeping the figure style with previous paragraph worked perfectly thank you for the suggestion!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines