• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image scaling lost in FM2015 - hidden r/w rules?

Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2016 Mar 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After moving from FM12 to FM2015 the scaling of images is lost. The images in the XML files contain width/height attributes, but when opening in FM2015 these are evidently not read, the image is displayed distorted and when saving the new XML file contains no width/height attributes any more.

I suppose the r/w rules are the answer but cannot locale the relevant file. I copied the entire DITA_1.2 folder to the new program directory. It contains all the EDDs, templates and also the rules files. Everything else works fine (formatting etc.) just the image scaling doesn't. Is there another rules file hidden somewhere in the file structure?

Robert

TOPICS
Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 17, 2016 Mar 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An addition: When I create a new DITA 1.2 file in FM2015 that contains an image, then the XML code contains a "scale" attribute without value (e.g. scale = "9.59"). This is preserved when saving and reopening the file.

So I definitively think it's the r/w rules that I need to edit, however I am not able to fine the rules files.

The rules files in the Structure\xml\DITA_1.2\app\technicalContent\rules folder contain the seemingly correct rules and worked perfectly in FM12:

attribute "height" is fm property height;

attribute "width" is fm property width;

Evidently there are other rules files besides the ones in the "DITA_1.2" folder, perhaps somewhere in the personal user data?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2016 Mar 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Solved - apparently.

It seems that FM2015 is not compatible with out r/w-rules. We used the same rules files since FM7.2 but now FM2015 cannot read them correctly any more. I solved this (it seems at first impression) by copying the default rules files provided with FM2015. Probably we will have to make some changes but at least images display correctly again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines