Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images are not displayed in Structured Framemaker

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have received this XML file from someone and when I open and validated but I am not able to see any images in the Structured Framemaker, though when i see the XML source, i can see the image tags.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE uni-doc PUBLIC "-//Alcatel-Lucent//DTD UNIDOC-DTD 1.0//EN" "unidoc-dtd.dtd" [

<!-- Begin Document Specific Declarations -->

<!ENTITY ENT1_f-Interfaceimplemented1_default.jpg SYSTEM "Graphics/f-Interfaceimplemented1_default.jpg" NDATA JPEG>

<!-- End Document Specific Declarations -->

<figure ID="ac1010239"><stem>The following figure shows an interface

implemented in a script and the link between the action and the

interface.</stem>

<title>Interface implemented in a script and link between the action

and the interface</title><!--MMO resource relative URI: ../Graphics/JPG/f-Interfaceimplemented1_default.jpg-->

<graphic entity-ref="ENT1_f-Interfaceimplemented1_default.jpg"

HREF="../Graphics/f-Interfaceimplemented1_default.jpg"/></figure>

Any idea what's wrong here?

TOPICS
Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

The XML you have received is a custom XML ("uni-doc", based on the "unidoc-dtd.dtd" which seems to be from Alcatel-Lucent).

You will need the "Structured Application" from the document author (structapps.fm + DTD + Templates (including the EDD) + rwrules + additional files like XSLTs that this "Structured Application" might require.

FrameMaker (or any other XML application) cannot know what the elements in this XML "mean". That is, no XML application does know that the element "graphic" is actuall

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The XML you have received is a custom XML ("uni-doc", based on the "unidoc-dtd.dtd" which seems to be from Alcatel-Lucent).

You will need the "Structured Application" from the document author (structapps.fm + DTD + Templates (including the EDD) + rwrules + additional files like XSLTs that this "Structured Application" might require.

FrameMaker (or any other XML application) cannot know what the elements in this XML "mean". That is, no XML application does know that the element "graphic" is actually a graphic. From the word, we, as humans, understand this, but an XML application needs to be told, that the element "graphic" corresponds to an object that this specific XML application (like FrameMaker) treats as a graphic and that the value for attribute "entity-ref" (in your example) is the filename (or file path + file name), so that it can treat it accordingly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for you response.

Here is the problem. I got the xml files, which are used with Arbortext XML Editor 5.3 in DITA. I want to use the same XML files in FM to work with either in structures or unstructured way, I'm novice to structured FM. When I open XML file in FM it ask to choose Structured Application, I have chosen DocBook, Xdocbook but getting it what i want, I just want the same look and feel of Arbortext some changes here and there i can manage though.

Source Document: C:\Users\gur31941\Documents\LiteSCEUserGuide\XdocBook-FM.xml

XML Parser Messages (Document Instance)

Error at file C:\Users\gur31941\AppData\Local\Temp\FMTEAF1.tmp, line 328, char 62, Message: Attribute 'outputclass' is not declared for element 'tgroup'

Error at line 355, char 62, Message: Attribute 'outputclass' is not declared for element 'tgroup'

Error at line 430, char 67, Message: Attribute 'format' is not declared for element 'xref'

Error at line 430, char 69, Message: Expected end of tag 'xref'

Error at line 433, char 68, Message: Expected end of tag 'para'

Error at line 434, char 3, Message: Expected end of tag 'entry'

Error at line 448, char 32, Message: Attribute 'format' is not declared for element 'xref'

These attributes are not missing as when I open in Arbortext I'm not getting such error. Which file i need to change? DTD file or entity file - main-unidoc.ent. Images still not visible and content displays as simple text without any formatting and style even after adding EDD and conversion table.

The other approach I'm thinking is to create DITA topics in FM and copy the source xml in it, will that work?

What can I do to use existing XML in FM 2015 or 2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines