Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images not showing up in WebHelp document

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2016 Mar 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am working with Fm 2015. I want to publish a Fm book as a WebHelp document, this works fine but there are images that don't appear in the output.

When I save as a pdf however the ouput is fine. Its two images of symbols that are repeated throughout the document in tables, they indicate warnings and tips.

Any ideas and suggestions to resolve this?

Thanks,

M.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are your images in anchored frames?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes the images are anchored and are included in the Reference Pages.

I pasted a copy of the original image in the text, unanchored, and it works fine (please see below).

Whereas if I paste a copy of the anchored image in another part of the text it also does not show up, then only the frame of the table in which it is anchored is visible.

Below, the anchored image should appear between the parallel lines above and below "part"

24032016_143752.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your copy of FM2015 all patched up? There’s been a couple of patches issues since its release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don' know, there are no messages asking for updates or anything of the sort.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What point version is it showing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

version 13.0.0.333

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you’re 2 behind – there’s a 2015.0.2 release up here - http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=22&platform=Windows

You may need your IT gods to install it for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated the application manager because the download failed and it was suggest that this could be the problem. However even after the update the download of the new version still fails.

What is there to do?

Could it be I'm doing something wrong or is there a way to verify that in conversion these images are read?

Is there a workaround using the current version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying to install as a local admin?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download both patches directly using your browser from here: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=22&platform=Windows‌

Then install the patches in order using Admin priviliges.

The ability to publish images used in Reference page frames was, IIRC, fixed in patch 2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2016 Mar 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff and Arnis,

I was  away from work the last couple of days. I will now try your suggestions, Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2016 Apr 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:

So, Customer Support helped to change the Adobe Updater Admin preferences file because it was deactivated/blocked (In FM Help>Updates).

I now have the latest version of FM but the problem of the anchored images not appearing in the WebHelp documents is still there.

Is there a guide or section on how to set this up?

For all I know it may be set up wrong.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2016 Apr 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, the problem is now fixed.

The solution was setting the Publishing options correctly; i.e. check the box for Import Reference Page Images.

The anchored images in the Reference pages actually have nothing to do with the images in the tables. These, I discovered, are set up to appear/are referenced via a Paragraph Tag.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines