• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import Image as Unanchored Object.....

Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a newbie to FrameMaker and I have consumed most of if not all the free content for FrameMaker that I can find. I am also waiting for my company to order the FrameMaker 2019 bible but in the meantime I am trying to learn as much as I can as fast I can to keep with deadlines. So thank you for all the help..

I am trying to figure out how to Insert an unanchored frame that I can place an image and a text frame in the image being self explanitory and then thetext box to insert a Figure paragraph style to label the image. I was doing this with just an image and text underneath it but in several of my documents despite my efforts and trying suggested solutions the spacing below the image where the label appears is super inconsistant. 

If using a  table is the best option can I add tables to the list of tables in FrameMaker? The last attempt I had at this I used Format A thinking that I could create a new table format but it replaced it instead of creating a new style. 

TOPICS
Formatting and numbering

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In general, you want to entirely avoid unanchored content. Any re-flow will result in a mess.

The top two methods for in-flow might be anchored frames (AF), and tables (whether borderless or not).

The graphics can then be placed either in the AF, or in an AF in a table cell.

The caption can be done then either as a text frame in the AF, or as another table cell.

There used to be old threads here that explored all this in great detail. Despite the fact that 30-year old FM tips are still valid, it looks like anything pre-2012 got flushed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines