• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing ico files is a gamble

Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my text about FrameMaker I want to indicate when a particular feature was introduced. Hence I creaated a number of ico files with Axialis Icon Workshop. The Icon files contain icons in the usual sizes (256x256 RGB/A, 48x48 - RGB/A … 16x16 - 256).

Importing such an ico file into an anchored frame does not work in all cases:

file → Import Dialogue Pixel size

fmaker-08.ico → 48w by 48h → OK

and so on until

fmaker-15.ico → 16w by 16w → Not OK

In this ico file there was an (unwanted) format 16x16 - 16. After removing this format the file was imported as the others.

An experiment with only the formats 256x256 RGB/A, 48x48 - RGB/A in the file imported with 256w by 256h …

For my tests I used the same frame for all icon file, just selected the image and imported with replace. After the replacement in most cases the image was not updated and was also not updated with CTRL+L. I needed to move the image within the frame for a display update. With Undo then I got the image back at the correct location.

It took me quite a while until I discovered that this is just a display problem and not an import problem!

TOPICS
Error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?