• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing Zero Background Image into a Colored Table Cell

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created an image in Adobe Illustrator. There is no background. However, when I import the image into a table cell that has a colored background, the image shows a white background. I have made sure that the background is eliminated, and saved it as AI. I have also exported it with the "transparent" feature selected, using both AI and PhotoShop, into PNG format.

When the AI file is imported into AI, there is no background. There is no background when I use other programs, such as Word. There is only a problem when using FM12.

How can I import a graphic without FrameMaker adding the white background?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

re: FM doesn't handle transparencies at all.

This might be a useful thread on that.

Clipping paths work, with some effort, for objects that need just an external outline. But even those are not visible during edit preview.

I almost always found it easier to composite the entire image in Ps or Ai, and import the final EPS.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IIRC, FM doesn't handle transparencies at all. You may need to add your colour to the image before bringing it into FM - but I'm not sure since I don't deal with graphics in my FM content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

re: FM doesn't handle transparencies at all.

This might be a useful thread on that.

Clipping paths work, with some effort, for objects that need just an external outline. But even those are not visible during edit preview.

I almost always found it easier to composite the entire image in Ps or Ai, and import the final EPS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines