• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Improve Cross-Reference Interface

Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2019 Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently had to create a new document that had a large number of cross-references (about 800). I have not had a lot of experience in the past using cross-references in FrameMaker, so I was rather amazed that some simple user interface features are not present.

1.  Give options for sorting/filtering cross-reference markers.

To make my life easier (I thought) I made a bunch of cross-reference markers, as the source information was organized sequentially. When I went to use those markers, however, I found that instead of the markers being listed alphabetically (as I assumed they would), they were listed by page number. This made it incredibly difficult and time consuming to find the markers that I needed for my cross-references.

2.  Allow individual cross-references to be updated.

This is a big one. The first time I updated the cross-references in my document (using Edit > Update References) it took ages. I only needed to update one cross-reference. An option in the cross-reference list to update a single cross-reference, or a selection of cross-references, would be a huge time saver.

Thanks,

Jeremy

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear Banzwanaman

1. Give options for sorting/filtering cross-reference markers.

Since we have the bottom pod for listing cross references (View > Pods > Cross-References) you can sort  by any columns. Just click on the top of the first columns to sort alphabetically:

cross-reference-pod.png

The first entry seems displaced, but there is a blank in front of the U...

2. Allow individual cross-references to be updated.

I fully agree with this request. I have the same demand very often.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines