• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

In Frame 2017 in Windows 10,1803, using "Save as PDF" does not include the icons from our custom font in the PDF file. Blanks replace the icons.

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We use a custom font to insert UI icons into our Frame source files. When I use "Save as PDF" to create the PDF output files, the icons do not show. I see blank spaces where the icons should be. Creating PDF documents from Frame with the Adobe PDF printer and Distiller worked fine before Windows 10/1803.

Environment:

-MS Windows 10, v1803

-Frame 2017

-Custom truetype font for icons (.ttf)

-Embed all fonts

-Use document fonts

-Custom font shows in the Font Pod properly

I tried explicitly embedding the font. That had no effect. Subsetting the font did not help either. Adobe PDF/Distiller approach broke with Windows 10/1803. I am looking for a way to get my icons to show in the PDF file without rolling my system back to Windows 1709 (or is that 1708?). Everything is fine in Frame. Just the conversion to PDF is missing my icons. As usual--deadlines loom....

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like the Win rollback is your best solution.

Were you able to force the font download with the .joboptions? That's worked for me in the past.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2018 Aug 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tech Comm Tools guy,

Could you please explain what you mean by forcing the font download with the .joboptions? Our doc team is new to Structured Framemaker, so I need specific info/instructions.

Also, we can't get our custom icon font to render when we publish a Frame xml file to HTML5. Is there a solution to that, short of rolling back to Windows 1709?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

raylangivens - The Win10 1803 version bug is fixed - load the July 24, 2018 patch -  KB4340917 - to get the fixes. If you've got questions about output in Structured FM, ask them over in the Structured FM forum - this one is for Unstructured FM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I responded in the wrong place, but the problem seemed to be the same one we’re experiencing with Structured Frame.

But most important, I can’t believe someone with the username raylangivens sent me a reply. I’m obsessed with Raylan Givens. I’ve read most of Elmore Leonard’s books, including those that feature Raylan, and I just watched the entire 6 seasons of “Justified” for the second time! Raylan Givens and Boyd Crowder forever!

Kathe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ray, funny that my responses don't have my name...this is what I see on my side

I find the easiest way to edit the job options is via Distiller, though you can get there via the Print or Print Setup dialogs in Fm IIRC.

Here's a pic of the applicable dialog in Distiller. I added Apple Braille to always embed in a settings file called PDFX1a 2001 no subsetting as an example.

Your HTML5 issue can be resolved if you post the images in question on your server, then modify the CSS to use them.

Both of these are somewhat sticky issues, and your mileage may vary, depending on the graphics and custom fonts you're using.

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines