• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

In FrameMaker 2017, some shortcuts were deleted?

Contributor ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The following shortcuts do not work:

• Ctrl + F5 (Show/Hide conditional text)
  • Ctrl + F7 (Select same condition tags)
  • Ctrl + F8 (Select same character format)
  • Ctrl + F10 (Select paragraph)
  • Shift + F2 (Go to previous view)
  • Alt + F5 (Anchored frame)
  • Alt + F6 (Toggle between document windows)
  • Alt + F7 (Copy conditional text settings)
  • Alt + F8 (Copy character format)
  • Alt + F9 (Copy paragraph format)
  • Alt + F10 (Copy table column width)

Were they deleted in FM 2017?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Dear Lothar,

The mentioned short cuts work only if the Enhance Tool Bar (see this link) is installed. The 'matrix' of short cuts was developed in the times of FM-7 by Shlomo Perets Express Customization for FrameMaker/Windows. This was not continued after FM-9 by Shlomo.

As long as I can I update for new FM-versions (current is for FM-14).

HTH. Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2018 Apr 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lothar:

I'm curious where that list came from. The only one I remember using is Alt+F6 which was a Windows shortcut for document switching in any application prior to Ctrl+Tab.

None of the ones I tested work in Fm 2015 either, and none are listed in my Fm 5.5 Quick Reference Guide, which lists both the Esc key shortcuts and the Windows Ctrl key shortcuts, where both options are available.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 14, 2018 Apr 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found the list in Matt's book. And he used Klaus Daube's PDF: http://www.daube.ch/docu/files/etb-fm11-commands.pdf.

FrameMaker 11 commands

This report lists all commands available in the current FrameMaker environment (version & language) at runtime.

Some of the commands are not working in the new interface which was introduced with FM-9.

Hmmm, available but not working?

It seems, only the Esc key shortcuts do work:

• Esc b d Ctrl + F5 (Show/Hide conditional text pod)
  • ??? Ctrl + F7 (Select same condition tags)
  • ??? Ctrl + F8 (Select same character format)
  • Esc h a Ctrl + F10 (Select paragraph)
  • ??? Shift + F2 (Go to previous view)
  • Esc S r Alt + F5 (Show Anchored frame pod)
  • ??? Alt + F6 (Toggle between document windows)
  • Esc b b Alt + F7 (Copy conditional text settings)
  • Esc b z Alt + F8 (Copy character format)
  • Esc b f Alt + F9 (Copy paragraph format)
  • Esc b B Alt + F10 (Copy table column width)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lothar:

You found the Esc key shortcuts I could have provided with the exception of Alt+F6 having moved to Ctrl+Tab. Again, that's standard Windows command that works in other applications, it's not FrameMaker-specific.

But, not only do I not recall the commands themselves—for example, would Ctrl+F7 have selected non-consecutive text strings using the same character tags? I doubt it because—to the best of my knowledge—Fm hasn't ever supported non-consecutive text selections. But none are listed in 5.5 shortcut book—they are all three left blank.

IMG_1830.png

Perhaps Klaus and/or Matt will be able to fill in the gaps, and we'll both learn some new commands after they weigh in.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lothar, here are the shortcuts I list in my book. I don't have Control key mappings for the function keys (F7, etc.)

One reason for this is that the function keys can act different on various keyboards (laptops) and OS (Windows running on virtual machines)

I did also reference Klause's Fm 11 shortcuts PDF, but didn't include the 37 pages of commands themselves! In that reference I noted that the PDF is from FrameMaker 11 (it's out of date), and useful in understanding the logic patterns behind the shortcuts themselves.

Have you reached out to Klaus to inquire about an Fm 2017 list or about acquiring the FrameScript he used to produce the list?

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear Lothar,

The mentioned short cuts work only if the Enhance Tool Bar (see this link) is installed. The 'matrix' of short cuts was developed in the times of FM-7 by Shlomo Perets Express Customization for FrameMaker/Windows. This was not continued after FM-9 by Shlomo.

As long as I can I update for new FM-versions (current is for FM-14).

HTH. Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines