Highlighted

Indent

Explorer ,
Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm try to keep an indent the same around a graphic box when I switch from side to side. My graphic are all located on the side close to the binding. On one page all my indents work fine. On the other page they are all jammed up. Is there a setting to change this?

It looks like we are on the right track. I think I can figure the rest out. Thank you so much

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Indent

Explorer ,
Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm try to keep an indent the same around a graphic box when I switch from side to side. My graphic are all located on the side close to the binding. On one page all my indents work fine. On the other page they are all jammed up. Is there a setting to change this?

It looks like we are on the right track. I think I can figure the rest out. Thank you so much

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 04, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eric:

Can you share a screen shot of a 2-page spread so that we can see the frames that are working and the ones that are not? Are you using anchored frames with the position set to Run Into Paragraph? Or are you actually using paragraph indents?

~Barb

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 04, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Sep 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bard,

All my graphics are anchored frames set to Run into Paragraph and To align Side Farther from Binding. As I go from step to step I go from the step with my indent to step without an indent. I would like to keep the indent without a special Right and Left format.

Thank You

Eric Schaffer

Service Training Instructor

Customer Support Division - Training Department

Yanmar America Corporation

[contact details removed by moderator]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 05, 2018 0
Sep 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eric:

That is how I would approach it as well, and here is the result as the image moves from left to right.

Screenshot 2018-09-05 07.56.08.png

What I'm looking for is a screen shot so I can see what is happening with your layout. Note that you can't add a screen shot if you reply via email. Please follow the link and reply in your browser.

~Barb

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 05, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Sep 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not what I'm looking for. If you look at my pages the Step second line is indenter so the Step stands out. When I go to the next page the second line indent doesn't fit.

So I guess my real issue is a second line indent when the anchored frame is.

Thank You

Eric Schaffer

Service Training Instructor

Customer Support Division - Training Department

Yanmar America Corporation

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 05, 2018 0
Sep 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your posts don't have a screenshot, so we can't look at the Step second line.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 05, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Sep 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

orry, I attached it but I guess it didn't stick

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 05, 2018 0
Sep 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We can now see the screen shot, Eric, thank you. So this replicates the issue?

Screenshot 2018-09-05 12.24.51.png

Here's why this is happening:

On a right page, the tab/indent line up correctly over the list.

Screenshot 2018-09-05 12.26.21.png

On the left page, they are misaligned because of the anchored frame.

Screenshot 2018-09-05 12.25.25.png

I would approach this layout using sideheads (side farther from binding) and change the anchored frames to outside column (sider farther from binding).

Screenshot 2018-09-05 12.31.32.png

~Barb

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 05, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Sep 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, that works to fix that issue but it brings up another one. My lines under my headers get cut off at the edge of my columns and my headers wrap.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 05, 2018 0
Sep 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about the blue/green rules in your screen shot? Or is this after activating sideheads? Again, please share screen shots.

Pictures help us help you faster. Otherwise, we are just guessing at what you mean.

~Barb

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 05, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Sep 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I'm doing this wrong??

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 05, 2018 0
Sep 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, clarifying... is this what you are looking for?

Screenshot 2018-09-05 13.02.26.png

If yes, set the title to Across All Columns and Sideheads (Paragraph Designer > Pagination), and define a negative distance above baseline for the anchored frame.

~Barb

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 05, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Sep 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 05, 2018 1
Sep 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great. Glad we could help.

~Barb

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 05, 2018 0