Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign, Framemaker, Illustrator and photoshop version

Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2016 Jan 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Would you please let me know easy way to know Indesign, Framemaker, Illustrator and photoshop version (CS4, CS5, CS6 and etc.) without checking the PDF properties that extracted from any of them.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know another way by opening the file that I need to know its version in any version and the software will guide me to the version but its boring way so I think one of you have easy way

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Easiest way is to open the applications (FM, ID, etc.) and do a Help > About action. That will give you the point version of each application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I understand the question, it's more about how to see the version of the software that was used to create a specific file. That is, you get an FM file from a colleague / partner / client and want to see quickly which version of FM (or the other tools mentioned) he was using to create the file. Without opening the file in plain text editor to look it up in the file header or to open the file in FrameMaker itself.

I'm not aware of any possibility to do this. FM writes an xmpmeta with this information into the FM file itself (e.g. <xmp:CreatorTool>FrameMaker 10.0</xmp:CreatorTool>, but Windows does not read this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is, one possibility would be to use Adobe Bridge. Just open Bridge, browse to the file in question and select it. On the right in the file properties it tells you the version name.

However, when doing so, please be aware that FM11, 12, and 2015 (until Update 2) have a bug: The XMP Metadata still stay "FrameMaker 10.0". This will be fixed in a future patch as far as I know, as we are already aware of it.

Bridge is included in the CC Suite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines