• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Index markers do not appear in text

Explorer ,
Jul 21, 2015 Jul 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just typed this question, then it disappeared, so I do not know if it got submitted.  Here it is again.

Am using FM 10 with a small book.  I had had a problem with marked text  not appearing in the index,which got solved.  Now I have the opposite problem.  The entries appear in the index, but there are no markers in the text.  I can find the words in the text only by going backwards from the entries in the index.

So how do I get the markers to reappear in the text?  Everything works except that the markers do not appear.  I can enter a new entry OK, but the word has no marker on it.  Makes it very difficult to edit the entries.

Earle...

embus@theroadtoemmaus.org

562-242-4926

Message was edited by: Earle Fox

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 22, 2015 Jul 22, 2015

Earle, have You accidently switched off the display of Text Symbols?

View > Text Symbols: click to activate. Be aware that the setting is a property of the docuemtne, not the FM session. So the switch may be set in one document and cleared in another.

If this is not the case: Save files, close FM, Open the files again: Markers still not visible? Then I have no further idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2015 Jul 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Earle, have You accidently switched off the display of Text Symbols?

View > Text Symbols: click to activate. Be aware that the setting is a property of the docuemtne, not the FM session. So the switch may be set in one document and cleared in another.

If this is not the case: Save files, close FM, Open the files again: Markers still not visible? Then I have no further idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 22, 2015 Jul 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

K.Daube

"Be aware that the setting is a property of the docuemtne, not the FM session. So the switch may be set in one document and cleared in another."

This appeared contradictory at first glance, though it made sense later. Would it be better to say that the switch may be set or cleared at the document level?

Therefore, if it is set in one (open) document does not mean it is set in other (open) documents.

Further, the setting of this switch is saved at the document level. If you close a document with this switch set or cleared, it will retain that setting when it is next opened.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines