Highlighted

Index not working in PDF

Advocate ,
Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I have not used PDF in a very long time, as all of my work is online. But now a client asked me to solve a couple of problems with their structured FM setup and one of them is making the links in the index work in PDF. Generating the PDF with the usual job options makes the hand appear over the page numbers, but the click does not lead anywhere (not even a non-existing target). I have tried switched on named destinations in the PDF settings but no difference.

Can anyone tell me how the PDF generation is supposed to pick up the index markers ?

Thanks

4everJang

TOPICS
Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Index not working in PDF

Advocate ,
Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I have not used PDF in a very long time, as all of my work is online. But now a client asked me to solve a couple of problems with their structured FM setup and one of them is making the links in the index work in PDF. Generating the PDF with the usual job options makes the hand appear over the page numbers, but the click does not lead anywhere (not even a non-existing target). I have tried switched on named destinations in the PDF settings but no difference.

Can anyone tell me how the PDF generation is supposed to pick up the index markers ?

Thanks

4everJang

TOPICS
Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 13, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jang:

• Is there a hypertext marker in front of the page number? It should and contain content like this:
    openObjectId Index.fm:1 123456
  • What happens when you press CTRL + ALT and hover over the page number in the index (in FrameMaker!). It should turn the cursor into a hand pointer. Clicking on the page number should take you to the corresponding index marker in the other document.
  • How do you create the PDF? When you use the print to PS / Distiller route, you need to activate the "Generate Acrobat Data" checkbox in the "Print Document Dialog". For "Save as PDF" it should always work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 13, 2017 0
Advocate ,
Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No marker. Ctrl + Alt gives a dialog that the target was not found. Index markers are placed in a structured document (i.e. not as indexmarker elements). This should work I think but it does not in these docs. Maybe we can find some time on Thursday to look at it. I told the customer they are going to get delivery next week.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 13, 2017 0