• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Index of References, write out document (.fm) name

Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2019 May 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am able to generate LOR and IOR for imported graphics, however, I want to be able to see which document the imported graphic is in, so that when I generate for an entire book I get:

image010 @ 150 dpi 1   document1.fm

image020 @ 150 dpi 2   document1.fm

image030 @ 150 dpi 1   document2.fm

etc

instead of

image010 @ 150 dpi 1

image020 @ 150 dpi 2

image030 @ 150 dpi 1

Since these lists/indexes contain hypertext, I imagine the information already exists on document names, can it be displayed using tools readily available (FM 2015) or will this need to be done in ExtendScript?

Cheers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 02, 2019 May 02, 2019

Hi,

In the FrameMaker online help this concept is explained here and on the following pages:

https://help.adobe.com/en_US/framemaker/2019/using/using-framemaker-2019/WSd817046a44e105e21e63e3d11ab7f7561e-7f6c_ver12.0.html

When you switch to the reference page view and go to the LOR or IOR page, then you have something like this:

<referencename> <$pagenum>

After <$pagenum> add some spaces or a tabstop and then <$relfilename>. (Format your paragraph format so that the tab is right aligned to the right o

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,
May 01, 2019 May 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This rang some bells … and I'm pleased to say I tracked down the book where I used something similar.

Including the building-block <$relfilename> on the reference page for a LOP like this …

relfilename.png

pulls the filename into the generated list like this …

lop.png

I hope you'll be able to do something similar in your LOR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2019 May 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am relatively new to FrameMaker, so while I have seen these <$tags> on reference pages I don't know how to utilise them. Currently, I am creating my LOR and IOR from Special > List Of/ Index Of and selecting to use Imported Graphics, how do I go about using something like <$relfilename> to structure the generated pages in the way that I want?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2019 May 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

In the FrameMaker online help this concept is explained here and on the following pages:

https://help.adobe.com/en_US/framemaker/2019/using/using-framemaker-2019/WSd817046a44e105e21e63e3d11...

When you switch to the reference page view and go to the LOR or IOR page, then you have something like this:

<referencename> <$pagenum>

After <$pagenum> add some spaces or a tabstop and then <$relfilename>. (Format your paragraph format so that the tab is right aligned to the right of your body text frame.)

Then update the book.

FrameMakker now adds the file name of your reference at the end of the paragraphs.

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines