• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Index subentries

Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to include several index subebntries under one index entry?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Inside the Index Marker, the Marker Text can do some funky things like multiple entries (separate them by a semi-colon), or sub-entries (enter them in this format - Index_main_entry:sub-entry - just make sure that the "Index_main_entry" text is identical in each place where you use it; otherwise you get variations on the term appearing in your IX). Check out the FM help files for other cool features like "See xxx" or page ranges.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Inside the Index Marker, the Marker Text can do some funky things like multiple entries (separate them by a semi-colon), or sub-entries (enter them in this format - Index_main_entry:sub-entry - just make sure that the "Index_main_entry" text is identical in each place where you use it; otherwise you get variations on the term appearing in your IX). Check out the FM help files for other cool features like "See xxx" or page ranges.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2017 Mar 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Jeff.

done!

I failed to do that because I didn't keep the main entry identical.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use a colon to separate levels. For example, where Bitmap image is a Level1IX and the rest are Level2IX:

VMware Fusionss_007.png

The markers would show:

Bitmap image:defined

Bitmap image:resolution of

Bitmap image:tonal range in

Remember that you have to have an exact match of the letters, including the case and spacing for this to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2017 Mar 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear BarbBinder,

I make it using your method. I follow the help before asking the question but failed. Now I found that 's because when I entering the main entry names I didn't keep them the same.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines