Highlighted

Indexed item in text inset appears multiple times in index

Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, all.

I am using FM 2015 in a Win 10 environment.

I have created a text inset that appears multiple times in a document. Items in the text inset are indexed. In the completed index, a page number appears for every location of that text inset. A user clicking on multiple links will be frustrated to find that they are identical.

Is there a way to tell FM to display only one instance of an item that has been indexed in an inset that appears in multiple locations?

(Interestingly, the .chm output is smart enough to link to only one location.)

Thanks.

--Nancy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Indexed item in text inset appears multiple times in index

Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, all.

I am using FM 2015 in a Win 10 environment.

I have created a text inset that appears multiple times in a document. Items in the text inset are indexed. In the completed index, a page number appears for every location of that text inset. A user clicking on multiple links will be frustrated to find that they are identical.

Is there a way to tell FM to display only one instance of an item that has been indexed in an inset that appears in multiple locations?

(Interestingly, the .chm output is smart enough to link to only one location.)

Thanks.

--Nancy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 12, 2018 0

Have something to add?