• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Inline heading - unstructured frame

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2017 Feb 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't seem to find a reasonable example of an unstructured Frame inline heading (ie:

1.2.3 Section X: Some content

Where the paragraph number and the title are one font (bolded) and the paragraph content is another? These HAVE to be on the same line............. not to mention the paragraph # and heading must appear in the TOC with no extraneous content.

Does someone know how to accomplish this little feat?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1.2.3 Section X: Some content

Define a character tag for bold and assign to the paragraph tag in Paragraph Designer > Numbering. (It sounds like you have the numbering working, so I am showing a simpler example):VMware Fusionss_009.png

the paragraph # and heading must appear in the TOC with no extraneous content

Add the numbering to the TOC reference page. In my example, I am using chapter numbering. In yours, I think it is section numbering, but same answer, just substitute <$sectionnum> for my <$chapnum>. And of course, you can opt to assign the character tag here, as well.

VMware Fusionss_011.png

VMware Fusionss_012.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Once you have a Character Format created for the autonumber (which is typically As-Is for all except Family and Weight)...

The font properties of the heading paratext are controlled by the Default Font tab in Paragraph Designer.

The font properties of the autonumber are controlled by the Numbering tab (select the named Character Format).

What doesn't work is trying to apply a <$formatname> in the Autonumber Format, and by all means avoid applying a Character Format to the heading in the Body text flow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines