In Frame maker - how to insert the same paragraph in two topics but

from two separate maps?

TOPICS
Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 05, 2019 Mar 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I usually save the text I want to reuse as a <ph> element in a DITA file that I store in a folder titled 'reuse'. You can use a <p> element if you prefer, I just find <ph> more flexible in where I can insert it later. Make sure the element has an ID defined. To do this select the element, then from the Structure menu > Assign ID to element. Save the file and keep it open.

Now, in the file you want the paragraph to appear:

Insert > Conref

In the file settings dropdown choose the reusable file with the text you want. All the elements in that file that have IDs assigned will appear in the list below. Choose the element you need. Click Insert.

You can repeat this process in the other file you want the text to appear in, pulling from the same reusable file.

Note that the reusable file must be open in order to show up in the drop down list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines