Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Inserting Graphic Aligned with Paragraph

Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Framemaker 2019 release.

How do I insert a graphic and have it horizontally aligned with the paragraph above it?

Right now, the graphic is inserted using File > Import File, and I have selected 150 dpi.

However, the graphic is centered horizontally on the page, and I would like it aligned with the paragraph above, which is where the anchor is, too.

I cannot find the answer in the user doc. Please help!

Cindy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Thank you, Bob and Winfried!

I was convinced that the graphic needed to be aligned with the left margin of the paragraph, in this case it was an indented paragraph. However, I looked back at some older doc and see that the graphics were centered, so this is working as I would expect now.

Cindy

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally, this is done with:
Insert » Anchored Frame
Anchoring Position: Below current line
Alignment: Left (assuming that's the para alignment)
and then put the graphic in that.

Now, how that's preserved in output could depend on the workflow target (PDF, HTML, eBook, etc.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cindy,

When your insertion mark is in text and you insert a graphics file (either via File | Import | File or via Insert | Image), then FrameMaker creates an anchored frame around this image automatically.

As Bob said you can change the position of your image with the anchored frame. Select the anchored frame and open the panel for anchored frames (Insert | Anchored Frame). Then you get all the options.

Everything is described in the online help:

https://help.adobe.com/en_US/framemaker/2019/using/using-framemaker-2019/user-guide/frm_graphics_gr-...

When you need more control, you can create a single cell table and insert the image in this cell.

Then you can use the positioning of the table. And you have the table title as a figure title.

When you put the table anchor in its own paragraph and set these distances, then the table is aligned at the top of this paragraph:

Paragraph Spacing Below - x pt (e.g. -12 pt).

Table Margin Top - x pt (e.g -12 pt).

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Bob and Winfried!

I was convinced that the graphic needed to be aligned with the left margin of the paragraph, in this case it was an indented paragraph. However, I looked back at some older doc and see that the graphics were centered, so this is working as I would expect now.

Cindy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines