• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installed FrameMaker 2015 and Distiller isn't installed

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2015 Oct 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a Creative Cloud install package for FrameMaker 2015 v13 and Adobe Distiller wasn't an option to include in the package creation and doesn't show after install.

Any insight would be helpful. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Oct 06, 2015 Oct 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what I've seen, poor old FM is not really part of the same cloud gang as all the more exciting Adobe products like Acrobat and InDesign ;-} You [may] have the options of installing FM with its own cut-down PDF Creator, or installing full Acrobat and then (explicitly) FM without the PDF Creator.

I'd wait for confirmation and farther explanation from more knowledgeable contributors, but you did say any insight

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2015 Oct 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FM & full Acrobat are part of the Technical Communication Suite

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
FM & full Acrobat are part of the Technical Communication Suite

oops … good to know! so it is the 'cloud' aspect that's different? I just had the vague feeling – which I can't check, as the corporate firewall is having one of its ¡No Pasarán! days – that there's something different between FM and all the other Adobe products on my PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a PDF creator that looks similar to distiller, and the documented user guide has no mention of distiller.  I am assuming they removed Distiller and are banking on an integrated PDF creator with settings that are adjustable. 

Still waiting for confirmation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don’t have the “full” version of Acrobat, all you get is the “headless” PDF Creator bundled with FM – that may be fine for your purposes if you don’t need to create PDFs in any other apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The PDFCreator option installed with FM is a dumbed-down version of Distiller exclusively (i.e. you must not use it with other applications) meant for creating PDFs from FM.

If you want the actual Distiller module, then (as Jeff emntions) you need to have a version of Acrobat installed (either stand-alone, CC or as part of the TechComm Suite).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines