Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Internal error 10024

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2016 Mar 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear FM users good morning,

We are not able to understand the error " Internal Error 10024,6780225,6753823,6770958. Framemaker has detected a serious problem and must quit".

We are using FM 10.0.2.419 on windows 7 and this error happens often. We searched on the web but the three numbers(series) after the error code 10024 are not listed on it.

We found many other 10024's errors but not the one listed above having the numbers following the 10024. From what we understood the 10024 is a family error and the depiction of the issue depends on the numbers( child codes) following the main one.

Is there anyone who faced our problem and solved it?

If not do you have any hint for solving it?

Thank you in advance.

Luca

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but an Internal Error message does identify the actual error. Below is an explanation, if you are interested.

I'd repost, explaining what actions of yours are causing FrameMaker to crash.

An internal error looks like this:

Internal Error: 12044, 22580916, 22581210, 25525605

It is accompanied by a FrameLog text file. This includes a stack backtrace (the hexadecimal addresses of the internal procedures that were in progress):

• The first number in the internal error is the version of FrameMaker that you are using. So it has nothing to do with the actual error.
  • The remaining three numbers in the internal error are the first three addresses in the stack backtrace, in decimal. They depend on where Windows has chosen to load the FrameMaker application and the DLLs that it uses. This varies between machines, and even on the same machine, and so these numbers also do not indicate the actual error.

The FrameLog file also contains various other information, including:

• the version of FrameMaker in use, with the locale, mode, and view
  • the version of Windows in use
  • the last few fcodes (internal FrameMaker function codes)
  • relocation information (the addresses of each FrameMaker component):
    combining this with the stacktrace shows exactly what procedures were in progress
  • Windows exception and backtrace details.

It is only useful to Adobe engineers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Mike for your answer.

So, from what I understood reading it:

10024 it is the version of FM I am using. It is not useful for solving the trouble;

6780225,6753823,6770958 they are the first three addresses in the stack backtrace. They could be different between machines and different using the same machine in different time.

So where I can find the "real issue" that causes the error?

I have no idea and I am looking for any suggestions for solving the problem that, as I already wrote, happens often but not always.

I looked for a manual or a support document but unfortunately there is nothing helping me.

Regards

Luca

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Troubleshooting errors requires that you think a bit about what you’re doing when the error occurs. Is it happening with all docs or just one? That’s a good place to start. If it’s just one doc, then MIF-washing it may solve the issue. If it’s all docs, then you might have found some bug – are you fully patched up on FM10? Maybe the error has been fixed in newer versions of FM – FM10 is now 4 versions back, so don’t expect any new fixes from Adobe for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

I have two different folders having the same files. Intending that the files have the same names but they could have different contains.

The system opens the file coming from the first folder (old version of file) and the same file contained in the second folder (new version of the file). It compares the file and in case of differences the new file, having the change bars for marking the differences, is placed in a third folder.

The operation is performed 741 times during the process because we have a very large number of documents and they have to be separated.

These are more or less the operation performed.

Could you have any idea on what happens during this process causing the trouble?

Last question. How can I check if I am fully patched with FM10?

Thank you

Luca

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not quite sure what you’re doing – are you running some sort of script process? Has this ever worked or is it just failing recently?

Re: updates – try the Help > Updates feature within FM, if that doesn’t produce anything, check http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=22&platform=Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes we are running script process .

Better we run an application that use FM for comparison of two files related to the same object but having different version ( a change is occured during the lifetime of the object).

So we publish a new page. The new page is created by FM after the comparison.

It crashes often. In the past too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So you’re trying to compare 2 FM files to see what changes have occurred between them? I think you might need some help from a scripting expert to deal with that situation. Check out the Scripting forum for names.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines