• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Internal error 15044 when trying to convert a frame document to PDF

Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to save a fm file to pdf and it keeps crashing and I get the "internal error 15044" before framemaker crashes. When I scroll to the page the pdf conversion crashes on 29-30/104, framemaker crashes as well. There is an imported file on the page but it crashes before I can see what it is. I recently installed 2019 and had been working on 2017. I believe there were issues with this particular frame when converting to pdf in 2017 but it didn't crash when loading. Any guidance?

TOPICS
Error , PDF output

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you all patched up? Check Help > Updates to check. If you still keep crashing, try MIF-washing your FM docs. If that still doesn't help, you're going to need to work with a copy of the FM docs to remove the offending page(s) and then see about what's wrong with them that cause you to crash. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help! I did need to update. I ended up finding and deleting the image and then reimporting it without issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same problem, but I'm all updated, and crashing right and left. I'm almost at the point where I want to reinstall the app, although if the same files have been crashing, who knows how corrupted they are by now. I've re-imported figures on the pages where the conversion seems to hang up, but then the crash occurs on other pages. Any thoughts for a user at the end of his rope? And what's mif-washing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A MIF-wash is the process of saving the FM file as a MIF, then opening the .mif version and re-saving it as the binary .fm file. This is quite simple, but for a book with many files it gets tedious fast. So there's a Book MIF Wash utility included in FM now - see https://helpx.adobe.com/framemaker/kb/how-to-use-mifwash-utility-in-framemaker.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines