• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

is Acrobat DC relevant/interesting for an FM user?

Advisor ,
Oct 22, 2015 Oct 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cheerful marketing text from Adobe says

When it’s time for your best work, Acrobat Pro DC has you covered. It’s the “must-have” productivity tool that can make your life so much easier by:
  • Instantly converting paper documents into PDFs you can edit – no retyping necessary.
  • Replacing ink signatures with e-signatures, so you can get documents signed more quickly and securely.
  • Exporting content from PDFs into formatted Office files you can edit and reuse.
  • Allowing you to edit almost any PDF, without requiring the original file.
  • Providing the flexibility to work just about anywhere, on your laptop, tablet or mobile phone.

I don't recognise myself in these tasks – I generally make .pdf files from FM and Illustrator, and occasionally run OCR on a scan. So should I ditch Acrobat Pro XI in favour of DC, or stay put?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 22, 2015 Oct 22, 2015

Fiery, isn’t your environment so locked down & restricted it would be ages before you’d see any upgrades anyways? Or am I mistaking you for someone else? Frankly, I see no immediate need to change from what you’re running until they stop sending security updates for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fiery, isn’t your environment so locked down & restricted it would be ages before you’d see any upgrades anyways? Or am I mistaking you for someone else? Frankly, I see no immediate need to change from what you’re running until they stop sending security updates for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How nice to be recognised :-} and indeed, until recently I have been working in such a locked-down environment it's a surprise I wasn't using waldos to type on a keyboard in a fume-cupboard … but now I have a shiny new laptop and Local Admin privileges, and once I can get Them to adjust the firewall I may even be able to let the CC programs fetch their own updates.

Thanks for the input, too; I'll be quite happy to stay with Acrobat Pro until forced to migrate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines