Highlighted

Is anyone using Nuance pdf pro to generate pdfs from FrameMaker?

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just interested if anyone is using this product to make pdfs from FrameMaker.  My company is considering using it, and I can't find much information out there beyond very high-level reviews. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Is anyone using Nuance pdf pro to generate pdfs from FrameMaker?

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just interested if anyone is using this product to make pdfs from FrameMaker.  My company is considering using it, and I can't find much information out there beyond very high-level reviews. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 07, 2015 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

re: ... using this product to make pdfs from FrameMaker.

No experience, but anyone who does may want to know ...

What product is "pdf pro"? I only see a Power PDF Standard and a Power PDF Advanced.

What are you expecting the product to do that the standard Save-as-PDF and Print-to-PDF in FM cannot?

What is the work-flow?

I wouldn't care to bet that Save-as-PDF works with the Nuance driver configured.

Power PDF also doesn't seem to provide a Distiller equivalent, so Print-to-Ps-and-Distill would not be available.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 08, 2015 0