• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it necessary to use structured framemaker to publish to the web?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2016 Jul 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not even sure if the client knows what " Publish to the web" means. He just wants to make sure he can in the future. Everything I read says you can just save to XML from FM 2015 and I seem to recall that it will do it from unstructured FM, but I haven't found where is says explicitly that it will do it from unstructured FM so that I can show him.

If this is true, then it will allow us to create his paper manuals in unstructured FM and then save them out to XML in the future to give to a web designer.

Also, if you can use unstructured FM to save to XML, is there a primer or guide to things to do or avoid to make the XML output smooth?

Thanks in advance

Chris

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2016 Jul 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Probably easier just to generate Responsive HTML5 directly from unstructured FM2015 - look at "publish" in the help. I'm not sure what saving as XML in unstructured mode would give you (FM formatting tags maybe?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines