• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to import files from Google Drive directly into FrameMaker with working automatic update?

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using FM2015 to manage our company's standard operating procedures, which are stored on Google Drive so that any employee may access them to make changes. Is it possible to import a file into FM directly from Google Drive instead of a file on your computer and have the automatic update link work between Google Drive and FM (instead of the link being between FM and a file on your computer)? Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I use Google Drive at work and can load FrameMaker files directly from the web browser by right-clicking on them and then selecting Open with from the context menu. FrameMaker shows up as an option. I am not sure how this works as I know that FrameMaker files aren't natively supported by Drive. There is an an extension installed in Chrome called Application Launcher for Drive (by Google) that may be handling this - it was installed by our IT people when they set up Google Drive for us.

It doesn't seem to matter whether I launch a .book file from the cloud via the browser or directly from the Google Drive folder on my PC. The Windows Google Drive application handles all the syncing between the files locally stored in the Drive folder on my PC and the cloud and works pretty transparently although very occasionally there is a lag of a few minutes.

Regards

Keith

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines