Highlighted

Is there a keyboard lock hot key?

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to enter any new text or click anywhere in the structure view of the existing or new FM documents. I can enter a new element and have access to all portions of the toolbar. I have verified Hypertext is in editable mode. I have normal functionality in all programs other than FM. I am working with Structured Authoring in FM12. I am just trying to figure out if my cat found the hot key. Any help would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Is there a keyboard lock hot key?

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to enter any new text or click anywhere in the structure view of the existing or new FM documents. I can enter a new element and have access to all portions of the toolbar. I have verified Hypertext is in editable mode. I have normal functionality in all programs other than FM. I am working with Structured Authoring in FM12. I am just trying to figure out if my cat found the hot key. Any help would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 27, 2015 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a document lock feature, but I don’t know if there is a shortcut combo that activates/deactivates it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2015 0
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. Do you know where this feature is accessed?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2015 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this thread - https://forums.adobe.com/message/7576496#7576496

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2015 0
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the lock icon, but had no success in using it. But, after multiple restarts the problem just cleared up. I can't say what caused it but apparently it was just buggy.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2015 0
Advisor ,
Oct 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fwiw, the toggle for read-only (View only in FM-speak) is esc, shift f, lowercase L, k

When I have to dig out my FM7.0 guide (see page 470) to check this, it's usually because I've added a hyperlink and absent-mindedly clicked [Make view-Only] instead of [New Hypertext Marker]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2015 0