• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there some help for this new "forum experience" ?

Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2019 Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all,

I was searching in this forum (FrameMaker) for the scripting posts and got a head line stating: 87 posts found.

After scrolling down in the browser I was at the 7th post. I did not find a method to see the other 80 posts listed.

How to do that?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Klaus, it's going to be painful - until things get ironed out I suspect. Even us moderators haven't been briefed yet on how it all is going to work...;>)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2019 Sep 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

{deleted: after vanishing, and then re-appearing many hours later}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What formatting/markup is available? Entering line breaks causes posting. Edit function throws error and deletes comment. What is syntax for date format, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think if you click on the Scripting tag under Topics (on the right side of the main FrameMaker forum page), it'll pull up all topics about scripting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes jmyers2, that's clear to me and have done so... However, if I use the Search all content on top of the page and get hits, then I do not see a method to get more than one screnn full.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just look at these screen shots. First the top of the browser page:

2019-09-13_11-11-18.png

And the bottom of the browser page

2019-09-13_11-10-50.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The forum only displays about 7 posts at a time. It's supposed to keep revealing additional an additional 7 (or 10?) posts as you scroll down to the end of the page using either your mouse wheel or the vertical scroll bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lin, as you see from my lower screen shot: I'm at the end the web-page (by scrolling down) and there is no means to go to the next bunch of posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be something in your setup or browser, then, because I can keep scrolling down the page when I select the Scripting topic. Sorry. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lin, the problem does not occur in the ‚normal‘ page with the topic selection. It occurs on the search results page. On the normal pages the page is (after a short time being at the bottom) elongated (the scroller goes up). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2019 Sep 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, I see what you mean, now. That does suck. The problems with these forums keep increasing. I'll add this to the list in the Back Room.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, I see what you mean! I just get a short list, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, as for me, I love it. Can't figure much of it out, but after one post I am a community superhero. Who can beat that?

clipboard_image_0.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me this batching is an overkill - it reminds to the "Heros of the work" in the former Soviet Union: old men decorated with a panel of tiny flags alltogether the size of a pocket. And nobody could explain to me the meaning of any of those little flags ... IMHO a set of 3-5 badges would do the job better than this proliferation of blunder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Right! Like those generals that hang around politicians with all that chest candy, like they need a forklift to put it on. This whole thing really seems like an exercise in overkill and kindergarten-style encouragement. And lies. Like when somebody "liked" my post, I got an email that said they "thought it was awesome." That could be an absolute lie. They never said that. Just decided they liked it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines