Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues Generating PDF

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2015 Nov 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

My team is working on Framemaker 8. It's a large document with a lot of SVG images in it.  We need to retain the image quality because that is the client's requirement.  This means that the it's a big Framemaker file with about 220 pages in the book.  We have tried printing it and saving it as PDF, none of it seems to work. FM gives up halfway. I'm not sure if it makes a difference but I'm running it on a system with an AMD A8 processor with 8 GB RAM.  This is quite urgent, any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2015 Nov 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it render to PDF with graphics turned off?

If so, consider converting the SVG images to EPS (which can preserve their vector data structures, and any text-as-text). This process can be batched in Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2015 Nov 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob,

Thank you so much for the reply. FM generates a blank for images in PDF with graphics turned off. We did manage to generate the PDF after it ran for close to 6 hours.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 23, 2015 Nov 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Early versions of FrameMaker 8 had a bug in the SVG importer that could cause FrameMaker to crash. Ensure that your copy of FrameMaker 8 is fully patched. Downloads are here:

Adobe - FrameMaker : For Windows

I believe that you must install each patch in turn.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2015 Nov 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Mike,

I had no idea about the patches, will try these. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines