• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues with postcript file sizes

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2016 Feb 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently using the 30 day trial for FM 2015, and when i create a pdf, postscripts come out as normal size (circa 300mb), around what i would get from FM 11. If i need to do any changes in the pdf through Acrobat however, and need to run a postscript (embedding bits etc) again, the file size inflates up to around 4GB, taking about half hour-45 mins to generate. Sounds like a acrobat issue at first but i've done the same using a FM 11 file and all works as nomal, leaving me to believe its a FM15 issue. Print settings file has been carried over from 11 to 15 as well, and all settings seem to mirror each other, and when doing a usage audit in acrobat everything seems to line up.

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you loaded all the FM2015 patches that have come out? I seem to recall that there were some PDF creation issues in there…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying that you're making changes in Acrobat and then "re-frying" the PDF by printing to postscript from Acrobat and re-Distilling? [That's never the way to go for editing a PDF...]

How, exactly, are you creating the PDF from FM and which joboptions file are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi both,

currently on 13.02.433 which i believe is the most up to date version.

essentially yes, tweaking the pdf and postscript to embed some stamps before sending out to print. I think i was told how to do it the way someone always used to do it. since found flattening teh file etc a lot quicker to do. Still a bit concerned as to why the file size is inflating as much as it is in case theres any other issues i'm not seeing yet that are oing on in the background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you have image graphics in the PDF file, then when they are output to postscript from the PDF, they can expand *significantly* if JPG compression was used to store them. You should be able to prep the PDF using the tools in Acrobat and not have to do the refrying. This can significantly alter the way some features are handled (such as transparency, gradients, layers, page boxes, colour management, fonts).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines