• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

It there a way to convert HTML file into MIF file? Or is there a way to import HTML files in framemaker?

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2016 Jan 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to use HTML files that are generated by my application in framemaker.

We can't import HTML files directly in framemaker.

So is there any way we can convert HTML file into MIF file.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Jan 10, 2016 Jan 10, 2016

Experimentally, I tried opening a simple .html file; I selected XML from the File type dialogue and ignored the warning "May be an SGML file". What arrived in FM was the content, with style names but no tags. Then I removed the structure, and voilà – sort of :-} unstructured fm ready for clean-up. I haven't tried the same approach with a more complicated .html file containing graphics and tables.

Let's see whether someone else can suggest a more streamlined approach.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,
Jan 10, 2016 Jan 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Experimentally, I tried opening a simple .html file; I selected XML from the File type dialogue and ignored the warning "May be an SGML file". What arrived in FM was the content, with style names but no tags. Then I removed the structure, and voilà – sort of :-} unstructured fm ready for clean-up. I haven't tried the same approach with a more complicated .html file containing graphics and tables.

Let's see whether someone else can suggest a more streamlined approach.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2016 Jan 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.

Can you tell me which version of framemaker you are using? Currently I am using 9.0

Because I am not able to import file the way you described above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jan 11, 2016 Jan 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using FM 12 and the structured interface. You could perhaps try changing the interface (temporarily) to Structured and see if this gives you the same options when you open an .html file? changing the interface will not do any harm to non-structured documents, as far as I remember. I think you'll find the interface options under File > Preferences in 9.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 05, 2016 Sep 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello. Hope you don't mind a late addition to this discussion. I have been able to import .html files in the way you describe. However, all the graphics lose resolution and look awful. Have you experienced that? Do you know of any workaround? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines