• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyboard shortcut to change focus from Find/Change dialog to document?

Engaged ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't find a way to do this, and am wondering if such a beast exists.

1. While editing document(s), press CTRL+F to display Find/Change panel.
  2. Enter appropriate options and click Find.
    The document advances to the next instance of the content being searched for, and the content is highlighted. Keyboard focus is still in the Find/Change panel.
  3. At this point, I decide that I want to edit the text in the document. The only way I can find to change focus to the document is to move my cursor onto the doc and click at the point I want to work.
    QUESTION: Is there a keyboard shortcut that will allow me to switch focus to the highlighted content in the document, rather than using the mouse to reposition the cursor?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Shift F7

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shift F7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wonderful! Thanks!

It's one of those little things that I never learned (dropped into Frame running, so learned a lot of items bass-ackwards 🙂 ), and just couldn't find the answer anywhere.

Colour me happy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Colour me happy!

It's funny... I remember asking that of my FrameMaker instructor (before I was an instructor) way back in the early 90s. I can't believe I remembered it.

I think I'm probably as happy about remembering the shortcut as you are about learning it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines