• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Leader Lines Justified

Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know if there is a way that leader lines can be automatically justified in an auto-generated TOC, LOF, LOT, etc?  I'd like for them to simply line up against the right margin but they will not. Please see below.

leader lines.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 22, 2019 Apr 22, 2019

You need to open the paragraph designer for each of these tags and set a right-align tab with a dot leader. If you insert the dot leaders manually, you are going to run into issues with lines wrapping to the next line.

show dot leader.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, DJTOregon. You will need to edit the TOC, LOF, LOT, etc reference pages and replace the default space with a tab for those paragraphs. Then set a right-align tab at the right margin.

Adobe FrameMaker: Adding Tabs to a Table of Contents – Rocky Mountain Training

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2019 Apr 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi DJTOregon:

I'm following up to see if this worked for you, or if you have any additional questions.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2019 Apr 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. I was out of town with no access to Internet. It still doesn't work. Here is what I have. I need everything to be justified against the right margin. Right now it looks like this. I have also attached my reference page that corresponds to this.

Capture.JPGscript.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to open the paragraph designer for each of these tags and set a right-align tab with a dot leader. If you insert the dot leaders manually, you are going to run into issues with lines wrapping to the next line.

show dot leader.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or, if what you did was set a Left-aligned tab, you can change it to a Right-aligned one and click continue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That worked! Thank you so much! It looks a lot better now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines