• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

License expir message in frameaker 10

Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2013 Jan 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From today i start to get 'licensing for this product has expired' messgae in frameMacker 10

i got this messgae in two computer 1 have windows 7 and the other has windows xp pro

i tried to reinstall but got the same message.

i have vaild licenses

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy new year ..... !

I have exactly the same problem since this morning: i have two German Licenses for Framemaker 10.

Last Saturday, all was warking still correct.

This morning, I get the message "Your license is not more available" (in German)

All my licenses are legal and from Adobe.

Did you find now a solution? ..... I have to deliver a job tomorrow .... !!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may the ghost of the Y2K problem! Since the problem occurs with the new year, try resetting your computer's time to a date in 2012. On some networks, the network clock and the individual workstation's clock may disagree about what year it is. You may need to change your workstation setting that synchronizes its clock with an Internet clock. If this permits FrameMaker to start, you might be able to reset the clock to the current date while working with files. Try to save a file to verify this.  If it works, don't turn FrameMaker off until your IT support team returns to work.

HTH

Regards,

Peter

Peter Gold

KnowHow ProServices

Dekel07 wrote:

From today i start to get 'licensing for this product has expired' messgae in frameMacker 10

i got this messgae in two computer 1 have windows 7 and the other has windows xp pro

i tried to reinstall but got the same message.

i have vaild licenses

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> ... try resetting your computer's time ...

Why would an open-ended license have code that checks the date? I'm guessing that it might be some logic in a trial version, that's trying to discover if you're gaming the 30 days by rolling the clock back.

Meanwhile, until affected users can get Adobe to fix this, download a trial version of FM11 on a machine without FM. You'll have 30 days to get work done.

FM7.0 is running fine on my home machine.

We're not supposed to have our next Y2K until 2038-01-19, when the Unix clock rolls over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Framemaker 7.1, 7.2 and 9 are working fine.

The problem seems to be only with Framemaker 10 (and perhaps 11?)

The answer from Peter is perfect: change the date of your computer to 2012 back and Framemaker 10 is working fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much, Peter!

With the date 1. december 2012 can I work. As soon as I rechange the date to 2013, FM start no more - but this is not really important: I can work today with the "wrong" day and hope to have help from Adobe tomorrow by phone.

Thanks again - you have saved my day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also experiencing the problem with FrameMaker 10. Sheesh!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Follow the steps mentioned in this below document:

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/error-licensing-product-expired-cs4.html

Regards,

Jairaj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Tried the recommended procedure by setting date back to 1st jan 2006. Deactivate process would not talk to Adobe, all other internet access OK.

Turned off firewall and tried again, still the same.

Set date to 1st November 2012, this time the deactivate worked.

Set the clock to correct date & time (i.e. 1st Jan 2013), started FrameMaker, and  "Number of activated machines exceeded"

Could not through to anyone at Adobe.

What a mess and a waste of everyone's time.

Thanks for the link BTW!

Regards

Mick

p.s. Luckily I have another computer with an activated copy. It also told me the license had expired but (for now) I've set the date back to 1st November 2012.

I suspect we will all have to get Adobe support to reset things individually.

If anyone figures out a quicker solution please post, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I and several members of my group are also having this problem. I think Adobe should respond to this problem. Legitimate users should not have to jump through hoops just to get things they way they should be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are also having this issue. Turning back the clock is not an option for us. We need a legitimate fix soon!.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are also having the same issue on multiple machine. Some machines are Windows 7 and some are XP and all are experiencing the issue.

Don't waste your time with Adobe chat since they referred me to tech support (which is closed today). The unbelievable thing is that when I asked the person why it was taking so long to reply to my chat answers, he admited that he was holding a chat with multiple customers at the same time.

It seems like Adobe should have known about the problem and had prepared their chat support staff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe document  http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/error-licensing-product-expir ed-cs4.html does not include FrameMaker in the list of products affected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2013 Jan 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday we tried to work on FM10 that got license expire message, no matter what I did I got the same message.

So I found workaround  to use FM10 until adobe will fix the problem please change the date on the machineS to before 1/1/2013.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem this morning: FM10 and Windows 7, french version: "the license of this product has expired"

I cannot change the date because I am on a secure computer with reduced rights !

What I have to do ??

Nicolas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue, FM10, Win7. I will email support after this and hope for the best tomorrow. I found the following advice (mentioned above) which was only partially successful.

* Turn the system clock back, start your application, and erase the stored expiring serial number.

1. Set the computer clock back to January 1 2006.

(One month did it for me.)

2. Launch the affected application, or any application within the affected Creative Suite package.

3. Choose Help > Deactivate, and select the option Erase This Serial Number (CS4) or Deactivate Permanently (CS5).

(Not exactly the same interface in FM10, but I got this far.)

4. Quit the application.

5. Set the computer clock back to the current date.

6. Start the application. When prompted for the serial number, enter the number from your purchased product.

(I entered the valid serial #, then FM10 failed again, "Licensing for this product has expired."

I am left with running the back dated system which is very uncool for a full gash purchase price FrameMaker. Bad news.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem - FM10, Win7. Manually setting the clock back to Dec. 31 allows me to open FrameMaker but doing so is a temporary workaround at best. Frame will stay running if I set the computer  back to Jan. 1, but it will not reopen again unless I change the date back to Dec. 31. Thanks for all the good information posted here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We also have this problem, we are a multi user site. Adjusting dates is not a solution. We are running Win7 64 bit.

Jairaj I tried all the solutions suggested on the abobe line but end back at square one.

Has anyone been able to get anything out of Adobe re this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An update, I  have heard back from FM support,

'this issue is being faced by customers who are using the Adobe FrameMaker version 10 and is also replicated at our end. 

kevin.dillon wrote:

We have the temporary fix for this issue right now with setting the date prior to January '13 which is mentioned on our forum link :- http://forums.adobe.com/message/4960865#4960865

You can view the same, however the issue has already been reported to the senior level of support and we are awaiting their response as of now.

Once we receive their reply, we would revert back with the information as soon as possible, however it might also take 24-48 hours' time'

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you change the system date to last year you can start Frame 10. If you (or the system) then resets the date to 2013, Frame will carry on working (files can be edited, saved, etc.). So the problem seems to be confined to starting Frame. Once it's running, changing the date has no effect.

Not ideal. And not a solution for everyone. I hope the permanent solution does not involved relicensing, as my copy of Frame was installed by my IT guys, and I do not have the license information.

Is there a way to get your Frame license number?

Regards

Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I filed a bug report this morning and received a note back that Adobe

is aware of the issue and working hard to resolve it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone,

I am the product manager of FrameMaker. Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention. We have already isolated the cause of this issue and are now working aggressively to provide a solution to our users. That being said, we do realize that many of you are blocked on your daily work due to this issue. We sincerely apologize for this and completely understand the difficult situation you are in.

While we work on a solution, we want you to be able to continue doing your work and be productive. For this, I have posted more details and a workaround to this issue on my blog post http://blogs.adobe.com/techcomm/2013/01/update-on-the-issue-of-framemaker-10-not-launching.html. This workaround will enable you to continue working with FM10 in the interim. I will be posting regular updates as and when they become available on this blog post. So, please do keep checking the blog post for more details.

Our hope is to provide a complete solution within the next 24 hours. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

* Note that this issue affects only FrameMaker 10 users and not those users using other versions of the product

Regards,

Kapil Verma

Sr. Product Manager, FrameMaker and FrameMaker Publishing Server

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before manipulating the system time on a Windows network PC please contact your IT administrator if this affects the overall network operation. It may lead to more serious network problems. E.g. locking of the Windows user account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

a quick update. there is an additional workaround that has been posted. We have posted a utility which will do the suitable modification to make FM10 launch successfully. you can download the utility and how to run it, from the original blog post http://blogs.adobe.com/techcomm/2013/01/update-on-the-issue-of-framemaker-10-not-launching.html. Please refer to this workaround on the blog post.

Please stay tuned for more updates

Thanks,

Kapil Verma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running the "FM10_LicenseUpdater.exe" corrects the problem !!!  Thanks !

FM10 + Windows7 64-bit french

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines