Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Linking FM to Robohelp

Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I have TCS 2019 installed and working flawlessly generating pdf output from FM. Now my goal is to generate both pdf and html outputs from a book written in FM, but I 'm unable to find any specific resources on the Internet that explains in detail the process of linking the source of FM to a Robohelp project, and the basic transformations to fit the content written in FM to this new kind of output.

Could you recommend me any book, web, blog or something that explains it step by step?

Best regards

TOPICS
Publishing , Responsive HTML5 , Technical Communication Suite

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, you know that you can publish HTML5 content directly out of FM2019? The engine under the FM hood is RH (just with not all the controls exposed). If you want or need more control over the output, you can link your FM content to a RH project. Changes in the FM content can be reflected in the RH project by updating the project. Steps to accomplish this have been the subject of many blog posts by the Tech Comm Suite crew at Adobe and by people like Matt R. Sullivan at his site techcommtools.com; Barb Binder also discusses it on her training site rockymountaintraining.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2019 Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read a post on techcommtools.com some time ago but the images were broken and the FM and RB versions it was dealing with were quite old. 

I'll need Robohelp I guess because the look of our current documentacion is very particular and I don't think FM can handle all the features needed to replicate it. However I'm unsure about this topic right now.

I already link the project with FM 2019 using RB 2019 (not classic) using the .book file but it seems some kind of bug or limitation of RB 2019 since it doesn't update the project. The option Sync "from source to project" does nothing.

Thanks a lot for your time Jeff

Image 1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Jeff says, you can make HTML 5 (Responsive) from Frame.

I do this and can give you details if you want to give it a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2019 Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much Carolina for your offer. For now I will try it with RB but if it doesn't work for me I will try it with FM.

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines