• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Links in TOC go to the wrong page

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2016 Oct 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We use FrameMaker 12 and a couple of users have noticed that after they make a PDF, the links in the TOC go to the wrong page.

Anyone know what is causing this, and how to prevent it from happening?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the links working correctly in FM to begin with? You can test by holding down the Ctrl-key as you click on one of the incorrect links.

Did you enable the "Create Named Destination for All Paragraphs" option in the Links tab of your PDF Setup?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can test by holding down the Ctrl-key as you click on one of the incorrect links.

I think you may have forgotten to type "Alt", Arnis: Ctrl+Alt+click to follow a hyperlink in an unlocked document. But I do agree that I would start by updating the book, Michele—and then test the links within the TOC file prior to saving to PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My bad. Yes, it's supposed to be ctrl+alt. Thanks for the catch Barb!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If a book, is an Edit > Update Book being done prior to rendering, and if so, are all of these checked?

☑ Update Numbering
☑ Update All Cross-References
☑ Generate TOC, lists, IX

It's my practice to run this update twice before a final render. Any of those updates could cause a change in pagination, leaving the numbering incorrect. Doing it twice increases the odds that the final output will be correct. We might expect FM to detect it, and re-run it internally, but I don't know that this happens.

Suppose the Generate adds one line to the TOC, resulting in a new page, or a page Xref was to p99 but is now p100, spilling some content to a new page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"close three times on a fault"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines