Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

List of all constants

Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all,

In my documentation for ES i have a file Constants.txt which is now 5 years old and I suspect that it is not complete any more. It is an extract from the chm file by Jongware,  (FM 12 Object Model as of 2015).  Hence I'm looking for an up-to-date list of the constants.

I do not find anything of that kind in C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe ExtendScript Toolkit CC\Required\.

In the FDK documentation the constants are spead around - and there is no indication of their type (binary, integer, …) or value:

FA_errno value Meaning
FE_BadDocId    Invalid document ID.
FE_BadObjId    Invalid object ID.

Even in my short scripting-life I encountered situations where I needed to know these properties.

Jongware states in the chm file (highlight by me): «The ExtendScript Toolkit Editor comes with a built-in Help function, which displays all objects accessible in JavaScript for InDesign, Bridge, Illustrator, and Photoshop. It does so by sending a request to the target program to output an XML data file, containing the prototypes and definitions for all of its scriptable components. This XML file is saved in a cache (presumably because it's a lengthy operation) and subsequentially displayed when requested. »

Thre is no *omv*.xml file in any FM-installation I have. And I couldn't find a cache either …

→ So where to find a list of the constants with their values?

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Hi Klaus, I use the fapidefs.h file from the FDK to get the Constants. -Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Klaus, I use the fapidefs.h file from the FDK to get the Constants. -Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Obviously i did not inspect this correctly...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines