• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

<graphic> sht 1 of 10 <applicRefId>?

Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2019 Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the best way to associate "Effectivity"  for a <graphic> ? 

In this example, I need to associate <graphic> = "ICN-44-30-01-01of10.png" with  <applicRefId>?

Or would you associate it using <caveat>?

Would it be too much trouble to try to associate it using <applicPropertyValues>?

What is the best way?

GRAPHIC_applicPropertyValues.png

TOPICS
Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Feb 01, 2019 Feb 01, 2019

Hi Rhonda,

Only way to associate applicability with a graphic, or any other structure is by using the applicRefId attribute. It will point to an applic definition in the identAndStatusSection or a reference to an external applicability cross-ref table data module. Are you familiar with building applicability structures?

A caveat is unrelated to applicability, it provides additional specific detail for security classification marking.

Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,
Feb 01, 2019 Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rhonda,

Only way to associate applicability with a graphic, or any other structure is by using the applicRefId attribute. It will point to an applic definition in the identAndStatusSection or a reference to an external applicability cross-ref table data module. Are you familiar with building applicability structures?

A caveat is unrelated to applicability, it provides additional specific detail for security classification marking.

Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ian,

I am familiar with the "concept" of the ACT Cross-Ref Table, to provide the list of Serial Number property values, but not sure how to link the graphic file back to it.

Here is my ACT.fm where I'm trying to follow the Example in S1000D for "serialno"

However, something is not correct.

Because in the 44-30-07 Circuit Breaker Installation Kit.fm. where I have the <graphic>. I can't enter anything that makes the <applicRefId> happy for the <graphic> element.

Am I on the right track or far off in left field?

rhonda

applicRefID.png

ACT Effectivity.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

'll do my best to provide an example soon, but for now I'll just mention that to indicate a range of values in the applicPropertyValues attribute you must use a tilde "~" character to separate the values. applic~range.PNG

This was taken from chapter 3.9.5.2.11.2 (S1000D v4.2).

Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines