• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Malfunctioning Responsive HTML5 Creation Process in FM2017

Participant ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running Frame 2017 here, Version: 14.0.4.511.

When I click File > Publish > Change Settings button > Open, the dialog displays as normal.  But when I click any button or field on the dialog, the dialog disappears.  The Settings file currently selected for use is C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe FrameMaker 2017\fminit\Publisher\Default.sts.  We normally use a customized STS file in a different location.  This problem prevents me from using a different STS file.

Another, bigger issue is when I try to edit the STS file.  If I click File > Publish > Change Settings button > Edit, the dialog displays as normal, but when I click anywhere in the dialog, not only does the dialot disappear, but Frame locks up and becomes completely unresponsive.  The only way to get out of this is to right-click the Taskbar icon and select Close Window.

Is there a way to fix this short of doing the Uninstall/Reinstall thing?

Thanks.

TOPICS
Error , Responsive HTML5

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've never seen this issue before. However, maybe some of these suggestions might help you. There is a problem with Frame and focused windows. Sometimes they "disappear." In reality, they're just tucked away somewhere behind the Frame window or another window. Hovering over the icon in the toolbar so that it shows the preview may help you spot it. If you see it, stay hovered and hit enter and see what happens.

Next I would try creating a new settings file locally. If that worked and my old settings file was on a network, I'd put the new file on the network. If that crashed it, it might be network lag/desynch/etc. You'd have to work that out with your support team. Next, I would keep an eye on your Task Manager to see if you're getting spikes on your system resource usage.

That's not a lot of help, I'm afraid. But those would be my first steps in your shoes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines