• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mangal font reverts to Times Roman in PDF

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Windows 10, using Frame 2017 and Acrobat DC.

I have a Word doc that contains one line in Mangal Unicode font.

I distill it to a PDF and it looks fine.

I open the Word doc in Frame 2017. Line looks fine. I distill it to a PDF and the font reverts to boxes because the font has been substituted with Times Roman.

So I tried copying the line into Illustrator, distill it, PDF is fine.

I'm using the same Distiller options on all 3.Why is it not distilling properly from Frame?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You probably need to deselect the Rely on System Fonts Only option.

See details at

http://www.techcommtools.com/framemaker-pdf-tips-and-tricks/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. Didn't work. The box was already checked during all the testing so I unchecked it on a whim and it's still reverting to TImes Roman.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, check out the other recommendations in that article...following all of them should solve your problem.

One other thought...if you are choosing a style that doesn't actually exist ("bolding" a bold font, or choosing a nonexistent version like bolded, semibold, etc.) then you might see this as well.

In some cases, other apps will attempt to "fake" the font, even though it technically doesn't exist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all of your suggestions. What I found works was checking "Subset embedded fonts..." Yah!

However, there's a new problem. The line is in Devanagari script which takes 2, 3 or 4 Unicode characters to form 1 glyph. When I print it using RGB, everything is fine. When I print using CMYK, the unicodes seperate and the glyph is garbled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like Right-to-Left languages, scripts like Devanagari are not supported in CMYK PDF route in FrameMaker 2015/2017. You need to output to RGB PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much. Not the answer I was looking for but it's an answer. I can stop looking now and find an alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines