• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mapping between functional FrameMaker font name/style and physical font file: Helvetica Neue

Participant ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is making me crazy, and I know one of you super-experienced users will know the answer to my question.

My company just purchased the Helvetica Neue and Helvetica Neue LT Pro font families. InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator (on Windows) all show the complete list of fonts.

In InDesign, for Font Family you choose Helvetica Neue LT Pro, and in Font Style, there is one called 75 Bold.

So far so good.

In FrameMaker (and Word, and other Windows programs), there is no Helvetica Neue LT Pro font with the number 75. There is Helvetica Neue LT Pro 55 Roman, and Helvetica Neue LT Pro 65 Med, but no 75 or 85 (both of which I need).

Now - I know that the FM user manual says that if you select a font in Frame (maybe it's 55 Roman) and apply bold or italic, it will pick the correct system/physical font to display/print. The problem is - I don't have any idea what that mapping is. Is 65 Med with bold applied actually 75??? I have no idea. (I'm recreating an InDesign template in FrameMaker, and it has to be exactly the same.)

I can't find any kind of mapping on the internet that explains how to get from the font list that Windows displays in most applications to the physical list of fonts that are installed on the computer.

Has anyone out there run into this issue?

I have FrameMaker 2015 on Windows 10.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

IIRC, the 75 is a Bold version and the 85 is a Heavy version of the base Roman (55) version.

Also check what the Variation parameter on the Font page of the Paragraph/Character designer says.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines