• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MasterPageMaps problem

Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2019 Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wrapping up two manuals when suddenly, in any book I update, custom master pages are not applied and are replaced with the default left/right master page, and I have to reapply any custom pages in each book document. When I try to update a book file, in the Book Error Report I get a "No master pages applied because the MasterPageMaps table contains no mapping information." 

I've never seen this message in my 25+ years of using Framemaker, and none of my reference pages contain a master page map, and all has been well. So suddenly Framemaker is messing up any book I update. Has anyone else had this problem? I'm using the 2017 online version. Thank you.

TOPICS
Error , Formatting and numbering

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

Hi shackindawoods,

Why do you select the Apply Master Pages option, when you do not have any mapping tables?

This option is only needed, when you want to apply master pages depending on specific paragraph formats on this page. See also here:

https://help.adobe.com/en_US/framemaker/2019/using/using-framemaker-2019/frm_page_layout_pl-master-and-reference-pages.html

Do you get the error message also, when the Apply Master Pages option is not selected?

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi shackindawoods,

In the Update Book dialog, is the Apply Master Pages option selected?

When I searched the internet, I found these links:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/FrameMaker/No-master-pages-applied-because-MasterPageMaps-table-conta...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/FrameMaker/Apply-Master-Pages-in-a-book-crashes-if-no-rows-in-the/td-...

Does this help?

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi shackindawoods,

Why do you select the Apply Master Pages option, when you do not have any mapping tables?

This option is only needed, when you want to apply master pages depending on specific paragraph formats on this page. See also here:

https://help.adobe.com/en_US/framemaker/2019/using/using-framemaker-2019/frm_page_layout_pl-master-a...

Do you get the error message also, when the Apply Master Pages option is not selected?

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My reply to your 1st reply:

Yes, Winfried, apply master pages is checked. Thanks for the links, but those problems did provide any clues.

2nd reply:

I've always had Apply Master Pages checked when I updated a book and all was fine. I tried your suggestion, and this time there were no errors. How strange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi shackindawoods,

Good when everything works now.

The Apply Master Pages option should only be selected, when you want to use this feature.

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines