• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Menu Items Not Working From Cursor in FrameMaker 2017.

Explorer ,
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed TCS 2017 and opened FrameMaker 2017. When I use my cursor to click on either the File or Edit menu items, once I move my cursor to select an option from the menu the Help or Window menus open. All other menus work fine as I can click on them with my cursor and select from the menu of options. I can use my arrow keys to move up and down those menus, just not my cursor. Has anyone heard of this before and if so, is there a fix for it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

So, I've found out more on this with our IT group here. Actually, when I "undocked" my laptop to bring it to IT to show them the issue, the issue disappeared and all was fine. That made them think it had to do with scaling as it works on my laptop screen just fine, but on my bigger monitor it doesn't. Although I have have two bigger monitors and FM works just fine from one of them, just not the one that I have FM on (of course ). So, I don't think it's really a FM issue, but a hardware setup iss

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that's obviously not expected!

Make sure you have the latest patch installed (14.0.3.500) via the Help menu, and contact Adobe support for further help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I wonder if reinstalling TCS would help also. My coworker who also upgraded is experiencing the same thing but with the Graphics menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If my brain does not trick me, I have heard about a support case with the same issue. I have blurry memories that the issue was a bug in the graphic card driver.

As Matt suggested, best will be to contact Adobe TCS support (tcssup@adobe.com).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I've found out more on this with our IT group here. Actually, when I "undocked" my laptop to bring it to IT to show them the issue, the issue disappeared and all was fine. That made them think it had to do with scaling as it works on my laptop screen just fine, but on my bigger monitor it doesn't. Although I have have two bigger monitors and FM works just fine from one of them, just not the one that I have FM on (of course ). So, I don't think it's really a FM issue, but a hardware setup issue with scaling or the graphics car (which I'll mention to our IT guys). Thanks for the responses and if I find out something definite, I'll add it to this string in case someone else has a similar issue. Thanks for the responses and Happy Holidays!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure to mark your solution as the correct answer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2017 Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I had a similar issue two months ago.

My second monitor is to to the left of my main monitor and I got this security update KB4034679 installed.

Then graphics applications on the left monitor did not work properly.

As far as I remember I ran an additional update and activated the Aero Design.

(Before I had used the classic design.)

More information here:

http://borncity.com/win/2017/08/27/windows-7-kb4039884-fixes-dual-monitor-rendering-bug/

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 22, 2017 Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Winfried! I'll look into that as well. Happy Holidays!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same problem in Windows 10, when docking (4k monitor @ 125% scaling) and undocking (laptop display @ 100% scaling). The menus do not highlight according to the pointer when undocked. The behavior also depends on which display is used when you power up the laptop.

No other program has this issue. I expect Adobe tried to roll their own fancy fade-in/fade-out menu code, but they're using unscaled X/Y pointer location values from the OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same issue with FM 2020 (Windows 10) but I'm using double monitors. So I don't think this is a FM issue per se but has something to do with the preferences of the second monitor. The issue is still there but at least I now know what the source is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines