• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Merge Documents

Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2018 Sep 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a structured Framemaker document.  I pulled in a subsection of a chapter from version X into version Y of the document.   When doing this the object properties path of the images do not come in correctly.    Is there a work around that will not require a regeneration of the graphic element.

TOPICS
Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Sep 10, 2018 Sep 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cindy,

You haven't given a lot of detail about how you "pulled in" the subsection. My guess is that you have version X in one folder and version Y in another. You import images by references and the images for each version are stored in the folder for that version. You cut the subsection from version X and pasted it into version Y. However, the resulting content of version Y refers to images in the folder for version X and you want it to use images in the version Y folder.

If my guess is close, and you want to use the same filenames for the images in both folders, FrameMaker can correct the paths for you:

1. Copy the needed images from version X to version Y.

2. Temporarily rename the version X folder to something else.

3. Open the modified version Y chapter. FM will bring up a dialog identifying the first file that it expects to be in the version X folder but cannot find. It will prompt you for the folder and filename to use instead; specify the version Y image folder and the same filename. FM will try to find all the other files in the same version Y folder and will not prompt again unless it still cannot find an image.

4. Save the file.

5. Restore the original name of the version X folder.

Let me know if the above doesn't cover your situation.

--Lynne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines