• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Merging 2 FM files into 1 single file (7.0)

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2008 Feb 18, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I searched for quite some time about a way to merge 2 FM files into 1 single file. Let me explain in details:

I have 2 FM files with the same layout. I need to take 2 pages from the first FM file and add them in the middle of my second FM file.

I used the "import file" function, but each time it tells me " No insertion point in a paragraph". So I create a text box and put an insertion point, but I loose the initial layout.

I want to know if an actual way to add FM files into another FM file exist. I thought it would be easy, maybe something like In Design with a drag and drop solution or anything like it.

Thank you for you time in my request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 18, 2008 Feb 18, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most people would define and then copy the 2-page text passage from Chapter 1 and paste it into Chapter 2. Is this not working for you?

OR

If you're trying to use the same text passage in two files and want each one to update automatically, you're doing it wrong. Save your 2-page passage as a separate fm file -- the "source" file.

Then in each of the chapters where you want it to appear, click at the insertion point. Use File > Import to import the source passage into each destination file

Cheers,
Art

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2008 Feb 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Wow, now I feel noob. Even if I know Framemaker for some time, I cant believe my problem was so easy to resolve.

Thank you for your help Art, its very appreciated.
best regards,

Olivier

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines